To the Dreams, To the Eternity, To the HIMALAYAS!!

The World is full of adventure and fun. Every new turn we take get ahead as a new challenge. And yes I was talking about life; though even the rikshawallas may come up that way. As the famous saying goes, “Life’s once, enjoy while you can”. So make sure we have our own share of adventure.

The message beeped “ What is your crazy dream?”

Giving thought for a while, I responded “To go out unperturbed, no bothering, no works and no thoughts on the roads to the Himalayas”

“That wasn’t crazy till you mentioned the Himalayas. If you remember you stay in the centre of India and without being disturbed how can like go off for a long long time.”

“Wish I could just go.”

“In your dreams…”

“Yeah! In my dreams…” was the last I could write at 2 am.

The next morning, the alarm kept ticking and my eyes felt heavy to be opened. But then there is life, there’s work. I got into the showers and then into the closet and then out in the cab, rushing away to the hospital. Today was a different day somehow. As soon as I reached my floor, I got was a stare; not from the patients but the staff. They weren’t expecting me this morning. And I kept wondering why when my phone buzzed.

“Are you ready to leave?”

“Ummmm.. where to?”

“Oh C’mon, don’t tell you just ignored my text and went to the hospital. I just asked for a leave for you and me for 15 days.”

And that is when I check my inbox which revealed a SURPRISE pre-birthday gift, a vacation to Mussourie. And I just choked. A crazy dream question cropped up because it was meant to be fulfilled. I withdrew my steps from the wards and just rushed away to take the cab home coz I was running late, now for fun.

A half hour time frame was all that was given to pack up stuffs and I hustled through things finally to hear the Civic waiting out for me to get in. I was faster than ever, excited like never before and off we were to our destination. I was meant to be the navigator of the route. I still was in a state of shock, like if this was really happening to me. Was I actually not working and sneaking out on the roads.

The weather was perfect and the music great. We had our favorite Breakfast at Coffee House and left Nagpur in no time. Out on AH 43, I was asking like a novice, how-why-where and all those questions which cropped my mind. A minute for breath and I was being answered about the surprise I could actually be astound with and so were we on the roads. Catching up on my breath, I then asked about the route, the break, etc etc.

“So what I have on my mind is the first stop at Jhansi to catch up today with a lunch break midway. And after crashing there, we decide the step 2. Let’s move as the things come.”

I was totally awed by the sudden excitement growing in me. It was raining, mild showers and we entered the MP border. Madhya Pradesh, the land of forests, was amazingly lush green and beautiful. I just couldn’t think of more than just looking out of the window and enjoying music in a while disrupted, “When it’s the two of us moving together, make sure the driver isn’t bored enough to sleep.”

I went back to being a chatterbox and we talked about all. A sudden plan, the beautiful road and all that could come to me except work; well that was one of the pre-requisites of my dream. The roads went up and down. The  hills, the forests and the beautiful MP. It was enjoyable. Travelling about 300kms, we decided to take a break, to eat and pee. A dhaba round the corner was our unanimous choice for food. Getting tucked up with food, we just slept on those cots enjoying staring at the watering clouds. Soon we left realizing we needed to get to the pit stop 1 before the lights go off. We headed off to Jhansi. And this time it was me concentrating and cranky about being second fiddle to the roads. Soon we reached a place to be; the hotel. Just to eat and crashing for the night.

The next day was bright, we got up really early just to make sure we cover up the journey quick. The next stop.. India’s crowned beauty, The TAJ MAHAL, Agra. Less than 250kms, we decided to enjoy the much sought after  tourist destination. Unlike the forests and rains in MP, this was different. The ultimate feeling was visiting the TAJ. Completely bowled over by its beauty, it just ran chills down my spine to look at this Wonder. Feeling and looking at it was mesmerizing. It is said never look back at the TAJ or you ll visit again. No doubt I took my second look. Fatehpur Sikri was the next place we went to. The marvel of architecture and sculpting it was.

Sleeping over the night, we just went ahead the day next hoping to get to the final destination.  Hardly did we know we’ll fall in love before that. Dehradun, the beautiful city. As we headed towards it, there was this coolness in the weather, the greens around, and the air just seemed fresh. Beauty is just another word for it. The famous waterfalls or the robbers caves or the amazing muss road and not to forget the beautiful museum, the city offered it all. amazing is just a small word to describe it.  The scary stories of the robbers cave and snakes, it was much more fun. God had bestowed nature here and that is when I realized, I was in the Himalayas. The instant connect and smile I had made me feel the peace I wanted.

Enjoying the food served in an old joint here, we just din’t want to leave the skies and crashed in car. 2 days of Dehradun was not enough , but we had other heights to reach. Hardly 30kms of mountain roads and we were at our destination. It was cold and we had out sweaters out. This was it, where I wanted to be, the Himalayas, the beautiful and the highest mountains.

“Come out and enjoy the splendor”, a hand reached out to me.

We stood by the road looking at the green mountains. It was raining and would soon snow. These nature greens had a different feel. It was beautiful. Couldn’t say it better. Preoccupied by my thoughts, I was wondering how life would be if it was here. That is when I felt the cold droplets which later I realized was snowing. I wasn’t expecting this. I wanted peace and how. It was ephemeral. I lived the moment and went on to sleep.

That is when my alarm started to buzz again. I remembered not have kept my clock with me and ignored thinking it was in my dreams. But I woke up suddenly to realize, IT WAS A DREAM! I was still in my bed, late enough to rush. I only made a li’l change. I checked my phone. No text.

I went ahead with my routine chores, to reach the hospital and have those friendly glances. And it was all just the regular. Only then a call from my Bestie interjected.

“Sorry to disturb you at this moment, but I think you should get prepped up for the next week.”

“Prepped for what?”


“To leave for the Himalayas.”








Comments

  1. Nice Work..!! Good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nw i also want to go to himalayas ....luved it di ....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fascinating moment when our dreams let us live in the parallel universe and that awesome moment when we realise that it isn't just a dream...
    It was a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. :)
      Dreams are the best moments we live I believe

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Makes me want to get back on the road and head off to some unexplored part of the country! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giggo very nice.. for sometime I myself forget that am reading a blog..I thought I am with u there at Himalaya :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It takes a lot to pen things down...
It'll take a minute for you to comment... never deprive us of the pleasure :)

Popular posts from this blog

The 'First' Time!

An Art of Being Apart

The Expression!